Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
The lovely ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish are taking a much-deserved TTT hiatus until mid-August. But I plan to continue TTT in an unofficial capacity for the next few weeks.
I thought this week I would tackle a popular search term that pops up on my blog… “What should I read if I liked Paula Hawkin’s Girl on the Train?”
Now granted, there’s only one Girl on the Train. But if you like that style – a suspenseful page-turner with a (possibly unreliable) narrator who discovers secrets about people they know (or thought they knew) along with you, the reader – I do have some suggestions for you.
Ten Books to Try if You Liked Girl on the Train
Here’s ten books to try if you like Girl on the Train (or Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl):
- Watch Me Disappear by Janelle Brown
- Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben
- Missing Pieces by Heather Gudenkauf
- Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
- The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena
- The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda
- Big Little Lies (or The Husband’s Secret) by Liane Moriarty
- Try Not to Breathe by Holly Seddon
- The Farm by Tom Rob Smith
- Gone Without a Trace by Mary Torjussen
If you like Girl on the Train, you really can’t go wrong with any of these!
OK readers, what did I miss? What excellent, suspenseful read do I need to add to my own TBR list? Sound off below, and feel free to link up to your own TTT if you did your own hiatus topic this week!