Hello my bookish friends! I know, we are mid-way through June and it’s been a while. My oldest graduated from high school, my youngest was playing spring lacrosse, and April and May went by in a flash. Something had to give, and it was blogging, my instagram, and my reading planner. I probably wouldn’t have read much either, thank goodness for audiobooks!
I’m keeping this update short and sweet, just to share my reads. I’ll (hopefully!) get back on track in the next few weeks. Ha! You never know with summer stuff going on. 😉
Have you read any of these books? Got any recommendations for me?
- Meet Me in the Margins by Melissa Ferguson. 5 Stairs. Loved this RomCom set in the world of book publishing.
- The Agathas by Kathleen Glasgow & Liz Lawson. 5 Stairs. Loved this YA mystery with a Veronica Mars vibe.
- Dial “A” for Aunties by Jesse Q. Sutanto. 4.5 Stairs. This was a fun, wild ride from start to finish.
- After the Funeral by Agatha Christie. 4 Stairs.
- Greenwich Park by Katherine Faulkner. 4 Stairs. This book took a bit for me to get into, but once I did I was hooked.
- The Night Shift by Alex Finlay. 4 Stairs. Page turning mystery/thriller!
- The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen. 4 Stairs. Psychological thriller/domestic noir. A fun, twisty read.
- Other People’s Lives by J.E. Rowney. 4 Stairs. Another psychological thriller, this one is told from two perspectives.
- Good Rich People by Eliza Jane Brazier. 3 Stairs. Psychological thriller/domestic noir with unlikeable characters.
- Why Didn’t they ask Evans? By Agatha Christie. 3 Stairs.
- The House of Gucci by Sara Gay Forden. 3 Stairs. I thought this would be more true crime. It’s definitely more history of Gucci.
- The Department of Rare Books and Special Collections by Eva Juryzyk. 3 Stairs. I liked this book, I just didn’t love it and I wanted to.
- A Thousand Steps by T. Jefferson Parker. 3 Stairs. Loved the setting, the mystery was slow-paced.