Welcome to our first (hopefully of many) Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Thank you for continuing this fun weekly list!
January 16: Bookish Resolutions/Goals
I don’t know about you, but I really don’t make New Year’s Resolutions. I do like the idea of having reading goals though. I haven’t sat down and planned any of these out, these are all off the top of my head. Well, except the first two.
1. Pay attention to the POPSUGAR Reading Challenge. I started attempting these reading challenges in 2015. My problem is, after a couple of months I forget about consulting this challenge when I select my next read. Since I gravitate towards mysteries, it’s nice to read outside of my box once in a while to fit one of their categories.
2. Catch up on my ARCs. I need to improve my NetGalley review rating, which is sitting just under 50%. (I also need to quit requesting books!) I think I’m going to sign up for the Blogger Shame Challenge.
3. Use my Book Planner. I got a beautiful yearly book planner in my December OwlCrate shipment.
4. Be more timely in my reviews. I’m always saying, I’ll get to it later, and later never comes.
5. Prioritize reviews. Understand that I may not have time to add a review to Hidden Staircase for every book I read. It’s okay on some of these random library finds to just mark it as read and give it a star rating on Goodreads.
6. Set some time each week to catch up with my fellow bloggers. You all have fantastic posts, and I want to make sure I have time to read them.
I think six is all I’ve got this week. But that’s pretty good for not ACTUALLY having set any goals. And really, these seem to be boiling down to two overall themes:
1. Organization and
2. Time Management.
I think I can do it.
What about you? What bookish goals have you set for yourself this year? Sound off below, and link up to your own TTT if you’ve got one!