Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
May 16: Mother’s Day related Freebie: favorite moms in literature, books about motherhood, best mother/daughter or son relationships, books to buy your mom, worst moms in literature, etc. etc.
Being the mother of two boys, I thought it would be fun to collaborate with them on this week’s list. Now a few of these books I haven’t read yet, so I’m taking their word for it.
Top Ten Mother-Son Bonds
I love all the picture books in this list, we used to read them together.
- Sally and Percy Jackson. Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan.
- Molly and Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, & Ron Weasley. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.
- Mother Bear and Little Bear. Little Bear by Else Holmelund Minarik, Maurice Sendak
- Mrs. Bear and Sam. Kiss Good Night by Amy Hest, Anita Jeram
- Mama Kitty and Bad Kitty. Happy Birthday, Bad Kitty by Nick Bruel.
- Mrs. Bailey and Conner. Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer.
- The Warriors series by Erin Hunter. I am assured that there are “tons of moms and babies” in this series about warrior cats.
- Mama Llama and Baby Llama. Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney.
- Mrs. Raccoon and Chester. The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn.
- Shmi and Anakin Skywalker. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks. This one is cheating a little bit, as my boys have not read this book, but I did when the film came out. 😉
It was tough to find great mother-son bonds this week! I was glad to have my boys help me out. Can you think of any that I missed? How did you handle your Mother’s Day freebie? Sound off below and link up to your own TTT if you’ve got one!
Happy Mother’s Day to all you great mom’s out there.