Time for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
Don’t miss out on my Giveaway: Win a Copy of An Old, Cold Grave!
TTT: What’s Cooking?
October 17: Top Ten Yummy Foods Mentioned In Books (Does a character eat something you’d love? Or maybe the book takes place in a bakery/restaurant that makes yummy things? You could also talk about 10 of your favorite cookbooks if you don’t read foody books.)
Welcome to this week’s TTT. I did a VERY SIMILAR TTT during a freebie week, way back in April 2015 when I first started this whole TTT thing.
TTT: Top Ten Books Featuring Characters Who … Enjoy Food
Reviewing this list, it still is pretty accurate for today’s topic of books that make me hungry.
IN ADDITION to these original ten, here are some new finds (and a few old ones I missed the first time) to add to the foodie collection. I didn’t quite make it to ten this week thanks to my previous list.
- Bitter Harvest by Wendy Tyson – The books in the Greenhouse Mystery series are all about fresh organic ingredients.
- The Readaholics and the Poirot Puzzle by Laura DiSilverio – After this one, I wanted to visit a local craft brewery!
- Truly, Madly, Guilty by Liane Moriarty – They were having a pretty nice barbeque until the incident happened. (Keeping it spoiler free!)
- A Dream Worth Living by Andy Amick – You’ll want to eat biscuits and gravy and drink loads of coffee after this one.
- The Richard Jury Series by Martha Grimes – The titles of these books come from local pubs, so there’s usually a good pub meal involved somewhere in each book.
- The Supremes at Earl’s All-You-Can-Eat by Edward Kelsey Moore – Earl’s sounds like the perfect diner to get a meal or even just stop in for milkshake.
- The Blood of an Englishman by M.C. Beaton – This one actually made me NOT hungry. I will never think of meat pies the same way again.
- Death on Tap by Ellie Alexander – I haven’t read this one yet, but this new series is set in the world of craft brewing.
What books feature delicious food that makes you hungry for more? What delicious treats do I need to add to my TBR? Sound off below, and link up to your own TTT if you’ve got one!
Also, don’t forget to enter to win a copy of An Old, Cold Grave while you’re here. 🙂
2 thoughts on “TTT: What’s Cooking?”
Oh yeah the barbeque from Truly, Madly. Forgot about that one! And I lover a good old time diner. And a nice thick milkshake lol. Now I want one.
Nice list. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I totally forgot about the barbeque from truly, Madly Guilty too! I am all about a diner so that one sounds good!