Top Secret Twenty-One (Stephanie Plum)
By Janet Evanovich
Rating: 1.5/5 Stairs
I finished listening to this Stephanie Plum at least a month ago and returned the audio CD back to the library. I should have written the review up immediately, because now the plot details are fuzzy in my head. And here’s why. Because so many plot points are recycled.
Now, I’ve got a seven point list that happens in every Stephanie Plum novel, which I first established in my Smokin’ Seventeen review. (I’m sure there are more recycled plots, maybe I’ll expand this list on my next Plum read.)
- Stephanie and Lula always make at least one ridiculous capture where the humor is no longer funny.
- Stephanie’s car is blown up
- Someone is after Stephanie
- Stephanie can’t decide between Morelli and Ranger
- Stephanie’s mother is either ironing, cooking, and/or sneaking alcohol
- Stephanie’s grandmother is at a viewing at the funeral parlor
- Stephanie is eating donuts and/or Cluck-in-a-Bucket
My memory may be fuzzy, but I do remember hitting all seven of these at least once.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again (just like these Plum novels – wink, wink) – if you’ve read the beginning of this series, you’ve read ‘em all. Ms. Evanovich would do her readers a great service if she would just have Stephanie choose between Morelli and Ranger, and take the next step in her life.
…and I think this means just two Plums to go! #7 (no audio at my library, so who knows when I’ll get to this one) and #18.
Fun Bonus – Visit TimeyWimeyBooks Goodreads Review for their Stephanie Plum Drinking Game! But don’t actually do the drinking game while you are reading a Stephanie Plum novel. I guarantee you will give yourself alcohol poisoning.