Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
I’ve said before that I’m not a quitter. This includes authors. When I find an author I like, I stick with them. This year I’ve continued to enjoy new outings with my favorite characters from authors such as M.C. Beaton, Lee Child, Steve Berry, Jacqueline Winspear, and Robert Galbraith (just to name a few).
But I also do venture out to explore new authors as well, to add to my author portfolio. This year was no exception, and I found some good ones. Some that were new, and others who have been around a while, but just new to me.
Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015
- Cathy Ace – The Case of the Dotty Dowager
- Gretchen Archer Double Mint
- John Bude The Sussex Downs Murder
- Anthony Doerr All the Light We Cannot See
- Paula Hawkins The Girl on the Train
- Liane Moriarty The Husband’s Secret
- Rainbow Rowell Landline
- Ian Sampson Murder in Court Three
- Maria Semple Where’d You Go, Bernadette
- Erika Swyler The Book of Speculation
My list is in alphabetical order, and these are all excellent books, for different reasons. I will say my absolute favorite was probably Landline. I loved that book – the characters, the setting, the situation, the time travel. It was fantastic.
What about you? What author did you discover this year that was absolutely fabulous? Comment below and link up to your own TTT if you’ve got one!