Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
August 29: Ten Hidden Gem Books in X Genre: Pick a genre and share with us some books that have gone under the radar in that genre!
So…how do you determine what qualifies as Hidden Gems? In this modern age of social media and the internet, it’s hard to determine what is under the radar. I decided to go with books I think that the general public may have missed. However, I’m not really sure as I know some of these titles are popular with certain fan bases and online groups.
Diamond in the Rough: Ten Hidden Non-Fiction Gems You Might Have Missed
I started this post out with gems from different book genres, but I found myself gravitating towards non-fiction. I narrowed my focus and came up with ten titles for you.
Also, I don’t read a lot of non-fiction, so really any non-fiction is a diamond in the rough for me. 😉
- A Dream Worth Living: Finding Strength in the Depths of Struggle Along the Continental Divide by Andy Amick
- Harry, a History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon by Melissa Anelli
- Piano: The Making of a Steinway Concert Grand by James Barron
- Rise to Greatness: Abraham Lincoln and America’s Most Perilous Year by David von Drehle
- As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes
- Kid President’s Guide to Being Awesome by Brad Montague & Robby Novak
- The Making of Star Wars by J. W. Rinzler
- Provenance: How a Con Man and a Forger Rewrote the History of Modern Art by Laney Salisbury & Aly Sujo
- Unfamiliar Fishes by Sarah Vowell
- The Happiest Days of Our Lives by Wil Wheaton
Full Disclosure: A Dream Worth Living was written by my husband. 🙂
Now it’s your turn. What non-fiction gems did I miss? I’m sure there are a TON! What genre did you pick for your list this week? Sound off below, and link up to your own TTT if you’ve got one!