Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
June 13: Father’s Day related Freebie: favorite dads in literature, best father/daughter or son relationships, books to buy your dad, worst dads in literature, etc. etc.
While this is mostly a book blog, over the last two years I’ve written several posts about the loss of my dad (How do you live in a world where your dad doesn’t exist? and To my Dad. Merry Christmas, and most recently March Madness). In fact, his death was ultimately the reason I started this blog; I needed something to both fill up my time and help me work through my loss, and book blogging turned out to be what I needed. I won’t get into all that again here, but just know that I always have been a sucker for a good Father-Daughter relationship, today more than ever.
This week’s topic is pretty open-ended, so to honor my relationship with my dad, I thought I would visit some of my favorite father-daughter duos.
Fabulous Father-Daughter Bonds
I’m sure I’m missing some other fabulous father-daughter duos here. Many of these are recent reads that I really loved. A Million Junes and The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry (review coming soon!) are two of my favorite reads of this year.
- Carson and Nancy Drew. Nancy Drew Mysteries
- A.J. and Maya Fikry. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry
- Jack III and Jack IV (June) O’Donnell. A Million Junes
- Frederick and Annabeth Chase. Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Heroes of Olympus Series
- Colonel and Flavia de Luce. Flavia de Luce Series
- Xenophilius and Luna Lovegood. The Harry Potter Series
- Jean Valjean and Cosette. Les Miserables
- Evret and Winter Hale. Fairest
- Henry Pitts and Kinsey Milhone. The Kinsey Milhone Series. While not technically father and daughter, I love the friendship and bond they have.
…and my favorite father/daughter duo…
- Keith and Veronica Mars. Veronica Mars Series (and TV Show!)
Your turn! Who are your favorite father/daughter pairs? This was a pretty open-ended topic this week, how did you tackle it? Sound off below and link up to your own TTT if you’ve got one!
And a very Happy Father’s Day to all you wonderful dad’s out there!