Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
Ten Websites I Love That Aren’t About Books
I’m having a little trouble with this week’s TTT prompt. Favorite non-bookish websites. I started to look and over the years the majority of my go-to sites have become ones of a bookish nature. Of course I’ve got standard social media, too (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest). Although I tend to use these in app format more than website. I tend to follow most of my non-bookish stuff (and bookish-stuff too) through Facebook. I am known to Google on a regular basis. And in creating this list, I realized that there are some sites which used to be favorites, but are no longer for whatever reason. Sometimes you just grow apart I guess. *sniff*
Favorite Non-Bookish Websites
- Scouting NY – Technically it’s now Scouting LA because Scout moved, but the original is still the best. I love to browse the archive for all his fun New York finds.
- The Bloggess – I don’t think this counts as bookish. Yes, she’s written two memoirs, but her blog was around long before her books.I posted this in a previous TTT, but it bears repeating…”If you need a laugh, check out her book or her blog. Might I suggest reading about the giant metal chicken? Or what about Nathan Fillion and the Twine? And the Follow Up? And the Final Answer? Or any. post. with. Victor. (That’s links to four fabulous Victor posts, my friends.) [Warning that Jenny may not always be safe for work.] ” And I will add – You’re welcome. Trust me, I know you’ll want to thank me later.
- Hypable – I believe Hypable was started by Andrew Sims, who used to be a major contributor over at Mugglenet.com during the good old Harry Potter days. Hypable is by fans, for fans. It’s a little news with a lot of fandom lovin’.
- TVLine – Michael Ausiello left EW to start TVLine and it’s always a great source for all things TV. Especially if you want to know anything about the new Gilmore Girls revival.
- EW – My number two after TVLine.
- Food Network – Always my first stop when I’m looking for a new recipe to try.
- BuzzFeed – I wouldn’t say I specifically visit BuzzFeed per say, but I do follow BuzzFeed on Facebook and find myself clicking on a lot of their stuff.
- Colorado Avalanche – I do love to keep up with my favorite hockey club.
- Disney Tourist Blog – I *love* all things Disney. This is one of my favorite sites to visit for gorgeous pictures and tips on visiting the parks.
- Oh My Disney – I also love to visit the official Disney blog too.
What about you? What fabulous non-bookish websites am I missing out on? Let me know in the comments below, and link up to your own TTT if you’ve got one!