Welcome to another Monday morning! I know, a lot of grumbles out there. The weekend is done and it’s back to the daily grind. Again. Now if we had a time machine, we could skip Monday all together and just get right into Tuesday. Or Friday. At 5:00. Ready for the weekend! But I digress…
If you’ve read some of my posts, you may know that I love time travel. I love books featuring time travel, movies with time travel (Back to the Future, anyone?), and TV shows with time travel. (Obviously Doctor Who, but Charmed as had some excellent time travel episodes as well. Another reason to watch Charmed!) However, sometimes thinking too much about time travel can give me a headache. Especially when traveling to the past. You’ve now changed the timeline. So did you really travel back in time to make the change – after all, you altered the timeline? And when you went back to the future where you started from what was affected? Or was this the way it happened all along?
As a Monday bonus, besides taking my Time Travel 101 course and doing the extra credit, you can also catch these fun time traveling episodes. Just don’t think about them too much or you may end up with a headache. 😉
- Season 1, Episode 8. “Father’s Day.” Rose was just a baby in 1987 when her father, Pete Tyler, was killed by a car. So the Time Lord takes her back to the year in question, to the spot where the accident happened. Of course, Rose cannot stand idly by and just watch her dad die alone, so she pushes him out of the way of the on-coming car. But in doing so, she upsets the balance of Time and changes history.
- Season 3, Episode 11. “Blink.” In an old, abandoned house, the Weeping Angels wait. However, when people start disappearing, a young woman called Sally finds cryptic messages bleeding through from 1969 – messages from a mysterious stranger called the Doctor. Can she decipher them before the Angels claim their prize? (OK, this one is actually part of my extra credit, but it is my favorite Doctor Who episode ever. I had to include it.)
- Season 6, Episode 1. “The Impossible Astronaut.” Four envelopes, numbered 2, 3 and 4, each containing a date, time and map reference, unsigned, but TARDIS blue. Who sent them? And who received the missing number one? This strange summons reunites the Doctor, Amy, Rory and River Song in the middle of the Utah desert and unveils a terrible secret the Doctor’s friends must never reveal to him.
- Season 1, Episode 17. “That 70’s Episode.” A powerful warlock shows up claiming that he made a pact with the sisters’ mother in which he spared her life in exchange for the girls’ powers. Fleeing him, the three sisters go back in time to the 1970s when their mother was still alive and they try to prevent the pact.
- Season 3, Episode 4. “All Halliwell’s Eve.” On Halloween, the sisters are pulled back in time to the 1600s to save a witch and her soon-to-be-born child from the hands of an evil witch who wants to raise the child evil. The sisters later discover that this situation may have more personal implications than they first imagined.
- Season 6, Episode 9. “Chris Crossed.” Bianca, a woman from the future, arrives to take Chris’ powers, and Leo learns that she is actually part of an assassin family of witches.
- Season 8, Episode 22. “Forever Charmed.” Piper and Leo, with help from Coop’s ring, must travel back in time to change the events that lead to the deaths of Piper’s sisters and the manor’s destruction.
4 thoughts on “A Monday Morning Pick-Me-Up, Time Travel Style”
Blink is one of my favorites too. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I LOVE “That 70s Episode”! One of my favourites for sure 🙂
Somewhat related to time travel, I also like it when people/characters re-live certain events over and over with different results. I’m thinking of the Community episode “Remedial Chaos Theory” in particular, but there’s at least one Simpsons Halloween special where that happens!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes! Those are fantastic. I forgot, Charmed had a time loop on the last episode of Saeason 1. Have you read Life After Life? If you like time loops, that book will be right up your alley.
LikeLiked by 1 person
TIME LOOP was definitely the word I was looking for (I’m so glad you understood my description) 😛
I’ll check out Life After Life, thanks for the rec!