July has come and gone, and it’s already time for my reading wrap up! To be honest, I thought I would read more in July – we spent a week away on a lake vacation – but we were with family and spent a lot more time socializing instead. 🙂
The books I did read were all excellent! And I started a lot of summer-themed books to carry me into August.
- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston. 5 Stairs. Loved, loved, loved this book. I picked this up because I enjoyed Red, White, and Royal Blue so much. I expected a romcom, but it took a very unexpected sci-fi/time travel-ish turn about 20% in. Also add a little mystery to the mix and this book was pure magic for me.
- Double Wide by Gretchen Archer. 5 Stairs. Ms. Archer changes up her writing style in this 10th Davis Way outing. The narrative flows through a series of letters, emails, and newspaper articles. As you read, it really does feel like several people authored this book, the writing style is so different between all the characters. As always, Ms. Archer writes a book full of humor, a few hijinks, and lots of heart.
- A Good Day for Chardonnay by Darynda Jones. 4 Stairs. The second in the Sunshine Vicram series, full of mystery, humor, sass, and a little romance.
- Truly Devious Trilogy by Maureen Johnson. 4 Stairs. Truly Devious, The Vanishing Stair, and The Hand on the Wall. Really fun YA trilogy. Nice mix of boarding school, true-crime vibe, and almost a Pretty Little Liars feel, with rotating narration from the late-1930s past and the present.
- The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie. 4 Stairs. The first Miss Marple mystery. Ms. Christie provides a solid whodunit with lots of suspects.
Started in July
So many fun summer-themed books!
Are you following me on Instagram? If not, here’s what you missed:
I’m looking forward to finishing up these fun summer reads that I started, and picking up a few new books in August as well. What should I read? What are you looking forward to reading this month?
3 thoughts on “July 2021 Wrap-Up”
Great wrap up! I loved the Truly, Devious series 🙂
Thank you! I was so glad the whole trilogy was complete so I could do the entire story arc at once without waiting! Looking forward to book #4.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I know, waiting for book 3 was a pain because I then forgot book 2 😂🤦🏼♀️ I’ve got book 4 on my shelf, can’t wait to make time to read it!
LikeLiked by 1 person