Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
October 3: Top Ten Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends (Which characters do you have crushes on?)
This week’s TTT gives us all permission to fangirl (or fanboy) out with our top ten fictional boyfriends (or girlfriends)! I thought about trying to take this topic more seriously: what makes a good boyfriend, who should not be boyfriend material, etc. But I am a total fangirl at heart, so this post is just going to be a fun look at characters I love. Some of them are really terrible boyfriends. (Vampires in particular seem to be bad boyfriend material.)
TTT: Bookish Boyfriends
I’m realizing as I pull this list together way more TV/Movie boyfriends come to mind than bookish boyfriends. I’ll find a way to incorporate a few of them into this list somehow. 😉
Sweet Bookish Boyfriends
These guys would do anything for their gals.
- Park Sheridan – Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Carswell Thorne – The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer
Vampire Bookish Boyfriends
What can I say? I like vampires.
- Tyrannus Basilton Grimm-Pitch (Baz) – Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- Matthew Clairmont – All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness
- Edward Cullen – Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
Mysterious Bookish Boyfriends
These two are always showing up unexpectedly and with an air of mystery about them.
- Darcy O’Mara – Her Royal Spyness series by Rhys Bowen
- Kiernan Dunne – The Chronos Files series by Rysa Walker
Made-for-TV Bookish Boyfriends
These three boyfriends are even better off the page.
- Sherlock Holmes – Sherlock
- Logan Echolls – Veronica Mars
- Ezra Fitz – Pretty Little Liars
How did you approach this fun topic this week? Did any of my guys make your list? Who should I add that I missed? As always, sound off below and link up to your own TTT if you’ve got one!