Happy New Year!
It’s a new year, and time to get back into the swing of things here at Hidden Staircase. And that means back to Top Ten Tuesday! Yay!
Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
So…this week’s topic is actually “Top Ten 2017 Debuts I’m Excited For.” But I’m not really good with keeping up with/finding debuts. They usually find me. 😉 So instead I’m going to play catch up on a December topic that I missed:
27 December 2016 – Top Ten Best Books Of 2016 (you choose — best books overall of what you read regardless of pub date, of a particular genre, 2016 debuts, 2016 releases, etc)
Looking back at my year, I read a lot of great books. (Still need to get my 2016 review list fully updated, but my Goodreads 2016 Reading Challenge has them all. Will be finishing up a few reviews and updating my Hidden Staircase list in the next week or so.)
It was hard to pick my ten favorite reads, but here they are. My list includes a little bit of everything – mystery, time travel, non-fiction, sci-fi, fantasy, memoir, contemporary. Something for everyone.
- A Muddied Murder by Wendy Tyson
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- The Chronos Files Trilogy by Rysa Walker (Timebound, Time’s Edge, and Time’s Divide)
- A Mother’s Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of Tragedy by Sue Klebold
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- The Trespasser by Tana French
- As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes
- The Murder of Mary Russell by Laurie R. King
Note that the order is simply the order I read them in 2016.
What about you? What were your favorite reads from 2016? And did you do the REAL TTT this week? What debut novel are you looking forward to? (See this is how the novels come to me. 😉 ) Sound of below and link up to your own TTT (this week’s or last week’s!) if you’ve got one.