Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s TTT is a Valentine freebie! I’ve picked some of my favorite literary couples. And I thought I had ten, but it turns out I chose eleven. Bonus for you!
Ten Eleven Favorite Literary Couples.
Some of these couples appear in a series, but I just picked one book to feature. It’s either my favorite or the first in the series.
For different reasons, these lovely couples never really had the chance to make it work.
- Newland Archer & Countess Ellen Olenska, Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
- Jake Epping & Sadie Dunhill – 11/22/63 by Stephen King
- Tommy & Helen, For the Sake of Elena by Elizabeth George
Watching the romance bloom between these couples is such fun! (Well, as long as we skip The Rosie Project‘s sequel.)
- Cecily & Ernest…I mean, Algernon – The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
- Don Tillman & Rosie Jarman, The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- Lady Victoria Georgiana Charlotte Eugenie (Georgie) & Darcy O’Mara, The Twelve Clues of Christmas by Rhys Bowen
Nothing is sweeter than your first love.
- Hazel Grace Lancaster & Augustus Waters, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Percy Jackson & Annabeth Chase, The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
While not a traditional Valentine couple, these mysteries would fall flat without their partnerships.
- Chet & Bernie, Dog on It by Spencer Quinn
- Richard Jury & Melrose Plant, The Man With a Load of Mischief by Martha Grimes
- Maisie Dobbs & Billy Beale, Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
Never Going to Happen – But I Can Keep Hoping.
This one is a bonus couple. While the TV show is based on the books, one of these characters is actually exclusive to the show.
- BBC Sherlock Holmes & Molly Hooper
Love that Sherlolly kiss.
That was a fun Top Ten! What about you – who are your favorite literary couples? And if you did a TTT this week, what was your topic? Link up in the comments below!