I’ve seen several book bloggers doing Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish, and thought I’d give it a go.
Top Ten Characters You’d Like To Check In With
meaning, the book or series is over and you so just wish you could peek in on the “life” you imagine they are leading years down the line after the story ends.
This is a tricky top ten for me – most of the books I like to read are mystery series that keep on keepin’ on, so I actually don’t have to leave the characters. Many of my one-off books are non-fiction. I will do my best to keep these spoiler-free.
1. George Weasley. (OK, I want to check in with all the Harry Potter characters, but if I have to pick just one…)
2. Georgie McCool. I just read Landline…what happened to her marriage?
3. Dr. Alfred Jones. The character in the book Salmon Fishing in the Yemen turned out to be quite different than the Dr. Alfred Jones portrayed on screen by Ewen McGregor. (One of the few books I prefer the movie version of.) I want to see if the book version of Dr. Jones was able to grow a bit of a spine and find some happiness. (I doubt it.)
4. Ursula Todd. Life After Life. Really want to know if she ever got it right.
5. Algernon Montcrieff. Just to get more of Oscar Wilde’s delightful humor found throughout The Importance of Being Earnest.
8. Westley & company. The Princess Bride. Oh, come on. You know that the Dread Pirate Roberts adventures didn’t stop just because he married Buttercup.
10. And of course, Nancy Drew. Would love to see my favorite teenage sleuth all grown up.