After the heaviness of my post about my dad, it’s time to lighten things up again around here at Hidden Staircase! The Dragon’s Loyalty Award will do nicely.
First off, I must say I’m terrible with these book tags and award nominations. I have good intentions and will get to them, but life (and being the mother of two active boys) keeps getting in the way! So without further ado…
Thanks so much to the wonderful Erika at Rickus bookshelf for nominating me with the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. I love her blog and her book reviews. And especially interacting with her. If you haven’t visited her blog yet, stop on by.
The Dragon’s Loyalty Award is an award for the loyal fan/commenter, whether the recipient is a fellow blogger or just someone who follows and comments regularly.
The rules for Dragon’s Loyalty Award are:
1 Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2 Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and a link back.
3 You must share seven things other bloggers may not know about you.
4 Nominate up to fifteen bloggers for Dragon’s Loyalty Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
5 Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
Sounds easy enough. Here’s seven facts.
- I love to read. (Ha! I think you all know that.)
- I love Benedict Cumberbatch and BBC Sherlock. (Shoot. If you read any of my Top Ten Tuesday posts, I think you know that too. 😉 )
OK let’s try this again. For real this time.
- My favorite Beatle is George Harrison. (And I’ve seen Paul McCartney in concert!)
- I am an Anglophile.
- I love Disney. I mean, I love Disney. My poor husband when we’ve been to visit the Disney parks. But he’s (mostly) a good sport.
- In real life I’m a technical writer, and I’ve been at the same company since I graduated from college. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.
- Speaking of, Star Wars was my first movie. I was 2. It’s been a love affair ever since.
- Besides Star Wars, I can’t tell you my favorite movie. Because I have so many of them. Memorized. (Yes, I tend to watch them over, and over, and over again.) The Princess Bride! No, Real Genius! Don’t forget The Goonies! Ghostbusters! What about Clue?! What About Bob? I could keep going but I’ll stop now. And also, reading that back to myself I am seeing a serious ’80s theme going on…
- My husband is a bicycle enthusiast. I haven’t been on a bike in over 20 years. Somehow, our marriage still works.
Hmmm…my facts seem to indicate that I am very old. As a bonus fact, I will tell you that I am older than Benedict Cumberbatch. But not by much. 😉
So my nominees are:
- Michael @ Nashville Book Worm
- Summer @ xingsings
- Erika @ The Book’s the Thing
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog
- Katherine @ I Wish I Lived in a Library
- By Hook or By Book
If you have time to do a post, fabulous! And if not, that’s okay too. Be sure to check out their blogs, I love them all.