Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
December 12: Top Ten Favorite Books of 2017
I am so excited about today’s Top Ten Tuesday! It is so much fun to look back at my year of reading and pick my ten favorite books. Although it is hard to narrow it down to just ten…
I should also point out that I am waaaay behind on book reviews this year and so some of my favorites are not reviewed yet here on Hidden Staircase. I am going to try to get quick reviews into Goodreads in the next few weeks for all of my non-reviewed books (and fingers crossed hope that I meet my reading goal!) and then chunk them into a few posts by genre here for posterity’s sake. We’ll see if I can actually make that happen. 🙂
My Favorite 2017 Reads
It is difficult to narrow it down to ten, and next to impossible to actually rate these against each other. I’m taking the path of least resistance and organizing the list by genre and then alphabetically by author. Also this list is actually ELEVEN books because I couldn’t choose between my two favorite cozy mysteries, cut a thriller, or drop a memoir. Sue me.
- A Million Junes by Emily Henry.
Okay, okay. If you are going to make me pick my number one favorite of 2017, it’s easily A Million Junes. (But please don’t make me rank #2 – #11.)
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin.
- Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter.
- Spoiler Alert: The Hero Dies by Michael Ausiello.
- The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher.
- Al Franken, Giant of the Senate by Al Franken. (In light of recent events, I hesitated adding this book to my list this week. I listened to Senator Franken’s book in October and I really enjoyed it, and it truly is one of my favorite reads this year. Giant of the Senate is full of humor and also very moving at times. This is a book blog and not a political one, so I will just say that I was very disappointed to learn of the multiple allegations against him and leave it at that.)
It was also fun to look back at my mid-year post The VERY BEST of 2017 (So far). Half of those books made it on my end of year list!
What were your favorite books this year? What books did I miss out on this year that I need to read in 2018? Sound off below, and link up to your own TTT if you’ve got one! I want to see YOUR top reads of 2017!