By Janet Evanovich
Rating: 2/5 Stairs
I’m going to keep this short and sweet. I’ve got a checklist of eleven things that happen in pretty much every Stephanie Plum novel.
- Stephanie and Lula always make at least one ridiculous capture where the humor is no longer funny.
- Stephanie’s car is blown up
- Someone is after Stephanie
- Stephanie can’t decide between Morelli and Ranger
- Stephanie’s mother is either ironing, cooking, and/or sneaking alcohol
- Stephanie’s grandmother is at a viewing at the funeral parlor
- Stephanie is eating donuts and/or Cluck-in-a-Bucket
- Stephanie gets kidnapped
- Stephanie gets rescued by Ranger and/or Morelli
- Lula wears spandex and/or a crazy outfit
- Lula can’t find her gun in her purse when she needs it
These pretty much all happen, with the exception of #11. And in regards to #2 – Stephanie’s car is not blown up, but one she was riding around as a passenger in is. So, that totally counts.
Even though Stephanie got engaged to be engaged to Morelli in book #22, she is back to being indecisive about Morelli vs. Ranger, and sleeps with both of them. (Separately.) Again.
My husband asked me why I keep reading (listening to) these books. Honestly, I’m not sure except that this audio book was available when I was at the library.