Top Ten Tuesday (TTT) brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added To My TBR
I don’t know about you, but my to-be-read list grows at a rate much faster than the books I actually finish reading. I’m always finding books to add to the pile, whether it’s my virtual Goodreads list, my ever growing ebook collection, or my physical books. I walk into the library to pick up a book on hold, and walk out with three new books whose covers were calling out to me.
I’ve used a serious scientific method to choose my books this week. I opened my Goodreads “To Read” list, browsed my recent additions and selected the ten that most appealed to me at this moment. I also made an effort to select books by authors who I have not read before, to mix things up a bit this week and keep this list fresh.
Looking forward to reading:
- Rafe Ryder and the Well of Wisdom by L.L. Reynolds – I’m always on the lookout for a book that both my boys and I can enjoy together, and I think Rafe Ryder will fit the bill.
- A Muddied Murder by Wendy Tyson – Not just a beautiful cover, this cozy has great reviews and I’m looking forward to reading it.
- Black-Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin – “An electrifying novel of stunning psychological suspense.” Sold.
- The Werewolf of Bamberg by Oliver Pötzsch – The one exception on my “new to me” requirement this week, I’ve read three of the four books in the Hangman’s Daughter series. These are very interesting historical mysteries set in Germany in the late 1600’s, and I recently added this fifth outing to my TBR.
- The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald – “Reminiscent of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, this is a warm, witty book about friendship, stories, and love.”
- Inside the Dream Palace: The Life and Times of New York’s Legendary Chelsea Hotel by Sherill Tippins – A memoir reflecting the life and times of the Chelsea Hotel.
- The Mangle Street Murders by M.R.C. Kasasian – Mysteries set in London are always my favorite. Also, I love the cover.
- The Verdict by Nick Stone – I always enjoy reading a good legal thriller. And it’s set in London.
- Sing a Worried Song by William Deverell – Another fantastic looking cover!
- Be Frank With Me by Julia Clairborne Johnson – “A captivating and heartwarming story of an unusual mother and son, and the intrepid young woman who finds herself irresistibly pulled into their unforgettable world.”
BONUS: There’s a giveaway for this book going on now at Goodreads, just click on the title and scroll down to enter. The giveaway ends 28 January 2016. Good luck!
Looking at this list, I’m ready to start reading!
What great books have you recently added to your TBR? You know I’m always looking for recommendations! Let me know below, and link up to your own TTT if you’ve got one.